Self-care: A hot topic that has been generated over the last year. I know it’s a word that’s been used and maybe you’ve felt like you’ve heard it a little too much but do we ever have enough self-care? In the fast-paced world we live in, it’s easy to get caught up in the races. It is important to take time every single day for yourself, even if it’s only 5 minutes. So what should we do? If you google self care you can get a million ideas so where do we start? What do we do? Why do we need it?
What is self-care?
Self care is defined as taking care of one’s own health. In this definition health can mean physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. It is so important to look at all aspects of your health and find what you need. Some days you might need to pay more attention to the physical side and get a quick workout in. Or maybe you are feeling overwhelmed and stressed by the world around you and you need to give yourself an emotional break and spend some time alone or with good friends. There isn’t a wrong way to take care of yourself.
Self-care can be physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Here are some ways that I practice self-care and the resources I use!
- Exercise – I love strength training (Titanium Performance), yoga with Julie at Your Time Yoga and walking my dog to get those endorphins flowing!
- Nourish my body – I eat a balance of healthy foods and fun treats every once in a while. I also enjoy trying new recipes with Cheryl from Real Food Well they are healthy but not the same old thing!
- Personal Care – Sometimes taking an extra long, hot shower is just what you need to feel refreshed. I also like doing my nails and a good face mask from my friend Brooke at BeautyCounter.
- Using essential oils to support my emotions from Young Living and Dina at the Sharing Connection!
- Journal – Sharing your thoughts and feelings with the universe can be so relieving!
- Quality Time – This can be alone or with loved ones to replenish my energy and get a good laugh in!
Hopefully this post has inspired you to find new ways to practice self-care in your own life! Remember self-care doesn’t have any requirements or time limits, just do what feels right for you! Enjoy!
Written By: Morgan Maule
*Links are not sponsored but just what I use!